- 1 package Fleischmann's® Simply Homemade® Cornbread Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine cornbread mix, milk, butter and egg in a large mixing bowl with a spoon. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Stir in cheese, onions, jalapenos and cayenne pepper.
Using a small scoop or two spoons, drop batter onto baking sheet. Repeat with second baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate pans halfway through baking. Remove muffin tops from baking sheets and let cool slightly on wire racks.