Cheese, bacon and extra corn make the cornbread even better!
- 1 package Fleischmann's® Simply Homemade® Cornbread Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup well drained canned Mexican corn
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled, cooked bacon (6 to 8 slices)
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine cornbread mix, milk, butter and egg in a large mixing bowl with a spoon. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Stir in corn, cheese and bacon.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 32 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe Note: For extra corn flavor, use an 11-ounce can of well drained Mexi-corn.