Bacon and cheese make these gourmet dogs! Great on brats too!
- 1 package Simply Homemade® Pretzel Creations™
- 3/4 cup very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 8 hot dogs, regular OR bun-size
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Combine pretzel mix and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Stir in very warm water, oil, mustard, cheese and bacon until thoroughly combined. (Dough may be stiff; use hands if desired).
Cover dough and let rise 25 minutes in a warm, draft-free place. (Dough will not double in size.)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place dough on a clean, dry surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Cover with a towel to prevent dough from drying. Roll each piece into a 18 to 24-inch rope. Place end of rope on side of hot dog at one end. Twist the hot dog, rolling the dough around the surface of the dog. Place each wrapped hot dog on the prepared baking sheet.
Generously brush each pretzel dog with egg wash.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with your favorite condiments.
Recipe note: You won't need the pretzel salt or baking soda for this recipe.